While over the years of publishing my images on this blog my opinion about watermarking the images and the need for it changed, the look of my watermark did not change all that much. Finally, I am thinking about a change and working on a compromise between large, distracting watermark and elegant signature.
If this is something you think about, too, here are some opinions on the subject and tips from around the web. Hope you find them useful.
- Comprehensive post on protecting your images posted online by Erik Sacino for Picture Correct blog
- Google Hangout organized by Darlene Hildebrant to discuss different opinions photographers have about watermarking
- Short post written by Richard Harington on PhotoFocus blog proposing using unobtrusive signature rather than watermark (and showing how to do that)
- A rather ironic take on the whole idea of watermarking images by Kip Praslowicz (found via PetaPixel)
- For those who still would like to watermark their images and do not now how to start, Photoshop and Lightroom tutorials from Her View Photography
- UPDATE 7/3/2013 – Some additional tips on practical aspects of watermarking from Julia Spencer in a guest post for Tiffinbox