We all take images almost every day, with iPhones, digital cameras, film cameras. Most of those images ends taking storage space on hard drives, never looked at again. Well, how about doing something about it?
In last few weeks, there were several interesting posts, with awesome and simple ideas to display images around your place. Take a look at them, maybe one of them gets you inspired to do something with your images. I know it inspired me.
- Jason Maher in an article for Digital Photography School shares an idea to create a photographic inspiration type of board to display your best images
- Living Impressive published a graphical list of creative ideas on displaying your images. Many great options to choose from!
- In two part article from The Online Photographer edited by Mike Johnston, professional framer answers questions regarding matting, signing, frames and glass. Highly recommended, especially for fine art photographers! Read Part 1 here and Part 2 here.
- When I was compiling this post, I remembered very popular tutorial by James Brandon on Digital Photography School blog, with step by step tutorial on transferring images onto wood. Awesome effect!
- Some time ago Tomasz wrote an article about how we frame our images and where we get frames. I have my images hanging all around the house, some framed, and same large, as gallery wraps.
- UPDATE – I just found another great article, from a web-based design magazine Decoist, with explaination of some of more practical issues in hanging your (or somebody else’s) art
I just started a Pinterest board where I will add links to other blog posts with ideas on decorating your house with your own images, creating portfolio displays etc. Check it out here.